Difficult situation....

I'm curious what others feel about waking children late at night to pick up a spouse at work. (We only have one car and I keep it so I can run errands and for safety reasons for the children.) Basically how bad is this really?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would do what I can to avoid it (bus, car pool, etc.), but you have to do what you have to do. How late at night is it and how often? I wonder if it might be possible to find a "mother's helper" to sit with your child while you ran out, if it's not too late. You could give that job to a teen for a buck or two.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Today with the economy the way it is? Really,,, at least your hubby has a job to be picked up from. It isn't that bad.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You have to do what you have to do. I think it is more "tough" when the kids have to get up int he morning for school or day care. But like I said, you have to do what you have to do, its life!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That's tough. How young is the child? Can he be put to bed in the car seat?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• When our son was infant I would wake him to take my husband to work and I knew the infant would go back to sleep, but it is when we get into morning hours that it gets strange, but an extra nap fixes any problems.
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 11:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would avoid this too. I have been in your shoes. Only one car and 3 kids and a DH that worked from 3-12 p.m. I would run my errands before he has to leave. Car pool with a friend to soccer practice grocery store etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2010