OLD WIVES TALES

DOES ANYONE KNOW OLD WIVES TALES? ANY OF THEM? I USED TO KNOW THEM BUT FORGOT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm... They say if you have alot of heartburn your baby will have a full head of hair at birth.
    Beccas1st

Answer by Beccas1st at 12:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• my grnadmother used to tell me not to raise my arms over my head when pregnant "it will strangle the baby" Makes you want to pat them on the head sometimes doesn't it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• If you raise your arms over your head while pregnant the baby will get the umbilical cord wrapped around it's next. I heard that one all the time too when pregnant and either if it carries high or low it will either be a boy or girl. Coloring your hair while pregnant, there are tons.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 1:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Just google it! There are tons of old wives tales about pregnancy!
    tizzanny

Answer by tizzanny at 1:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Hahaha, I googled old wives tales back before we knew the sex because people kept trying to predict the sex based on them. I found a cool quiz that lets you answer the old wives tales and it predicts your chances of a boy or girl. Mine came out a 60-40 split for a boy, but alas, I am having a girl. I hope the heartburn one is true though, because if so, my daughter is going to come out looking like Rapunzel.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• All wives tales are false! At least for me. Every thing any wives tale I ever heard said happened completely opposite.
    Saria87

Answer by Saria87 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• The wedding ring on chain held over tummy by the dad swings back & fourth BOY round & round GIRL
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 2:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2008