For mom who circ your boys....

My son is 6 months old and we brought him to a pediatric urologist when he was 4 months. The doctor said that when they did his circ they didn't take enough skin. He said functionally there is no problem but cosmetically he could get teased. He also said our insurance would cover it 100% since it is a repeat of a surgery that was not done to proper standards. He told us that it's up to us whether to have it fixed or not but we should decide sooner rather than later. I just don't know what to do. WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

• I would fix it. He won't remember it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:02 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Our sons looks strange too, but our pedi says he will grow into it. We will let him choose when he is old enough to handle the fixing better.
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 11:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We ran into the same problem. My son had to have a hernia surgery when he was few months old and the doctor noticed his circ was done half-assed and offered to fix it at the same time as the surgery. We went ahead and did it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Who are these people who run around teasing men about their penises? They all look ugly when they're flacid and they all look pretty much the same when they're erect. I'd leave it alone.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• NO WAY! How silly to put your kid through that yet AGAIN so he wont be teased...do you want me to start a list of things kids tease other kids about...and how often do boys stand around comparing anyways...my son is 7 and he has NEVER.

Lets see now...

Ear size
    cloths
    braces
    glasses
    crooked teeth
    big nose
    crazy hair
    long legs
    short legs

you want me to continue.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh and what happens this time if they remove too much skin...it can happen and does all the time!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would get it fixed. Hes still young, he wont remember the surgery. Why leave it like that, when it could possibly cause him to be self conscious about himself when he gets to that age that he decides to date and everything. I would just get it fixed. Its not like it will cost you any money.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would get it fixed I wouldn't want to make him self conscious and all
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Ugggggg.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• YES fix his penis...then he will NEVER again be self conscious!

Sorry sarcasm drips from me on this topic!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010