what reasons would you stop getting child suport if kids are still underage.

these kids are 20 months and 3 years and there mom doesn't get child suport anymore. She said it was canceled

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• If the dad terminates his rights in my state, SC, you would no longer recieve CS.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If the father signs a piece of paper giving away his rights as the father then it would stop the payments. Thats the only thing I can think of.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I know it is none of my business, but I didn't think it can just be canceled I thought you get it until the child is 18
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would contact your local child support unit. In NYS - you pay until 21 I believe - or through college.
    Nikobaby2010

Answer by Nikobaby2010 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have little experience, but I know my MIL had problems getting the child support. Her ex stopped working ligament jobs or having an offical bank account so they couldn't take it. Her kids are in their twenties and she is still trying to get the back money her ex owes. So maybe the husband has stopped paying, there is only so much the state can do to get it from him.
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 11:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Child support is regulated state by state. The rules in GA are pretty cut and dry. The non-custodial parent pays a set percentage of income regardless of visitation agreements.

Judges rule outside the law all the time because there are crappy judges and no one votes them out. If the judge ruled outside the law, then your friend needs to appeal it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• the dad goes to jail they stop it , if he doesnt have a work program in the jail.
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 1:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010