How many per rep on a exercise move?

Like when it says to do 10-12 reps..well..how many times should we do that one move till it's considered a rep? kwim or am I just slow? lol.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 11:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• One rep= one time doing the exercise. For example: one crunch=one rep. So if you're supposed to be doing 10 to 12 reps, you do 10 to 12 crunches.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• depending on what you can handle, you should do the full quantity of reps. If it calls for 12, do 12. what you're aiming for is the burn. you want to feel the burn so that you know your giving your muscles a quality workout.
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 11:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Thank you! That's what I thought, but just wanted to double check cause I was doubting myself for some reason (maybe because exercise is like a foreign thing). :)
    SparklingHope

Comment by SparklingHope (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Rep stands for repetition so it indicates how many times you repeat the move. So a rep = 1. How many reps you do depends on how much weight you are lifting and what your body can handle
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2010