Acne Help!

I don't have severe acne, but I do break out around my chin and above my upper lip. I have really big pores and a lot of blackheads on my nose and chin, and they are impossible to get rid of, I've had them since I was a teenager and I have found nothing to get rid of them. Does anyone know of anything that actually works for acne?? I have tried almost every over the counter acne medication including Proactiv(which does not work at all). Any helpful hints/suggestions would be really helpful! Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you have tried that much OTC medication, I suggest a dermatologist.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• one thing you might want to consider is going to a endocrinologist to check your hormone levels. I have acne along with some other issues and found out that my hormone levels were out of balance and now with treatment it has really improved.
    jtmommyN

Answer by jtmommyN at 11:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My husband is the same way. The only thing that he has found that actually works, is just regular old bar soap ( like dial ). For some reason it works really well for him.
    married2thenavy

Answer by married2thenavy at 11:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• For blackheads I suggest the Neutrogena(I think that's the brand) black head eraser.
    It works really well!
    kellcyx

Answer by kellcyx at 12:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Dye Free/scent free goat's milk soap
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Proactive never worked for me either. The only thing that has was using Mary Kay's Timewise Miracle Set for oily skin and their Acne Treatment Gel whenever I do get a flare up. When I was younger I used the Blemish Control Toner as well, but now that I'm older (27) I the cleanser, moisturizer and gel works fine for me.

mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 6:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have the same issue, but I use Mary Kay and the pore refining face mask keeps my pores and blackheads under control. Hope this helps ;)
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I have that problem and Biore works for me.I use the Maxium Strength strips too. And you can get a Blackhead Scraper. It looks funny its metal about 3 inches long, and has 2 sides one for pimples and one for blackheads. You can get it at Wal Mart sometimes (cheaper) or at the Beauty Stores in the strip malls.
    1boyand4girls

Answer by 1boyand4girls at 8:17 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• Id see a dermatologist
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2010