Is it harder to get a 3.5 GPA in high school, or a 2.5 in college?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in

• No idea But...I just finished a sememster in college and have a 4.0...

Yep Im bragging! Im super excited!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I am not sure. I am actually a better college student than high school student. I graduated undegrad with a 3.56 GPA. I have a 3.5 right now in grad school.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it depends a lot on the college. It is a lot easier to get high grades at some colleges than others.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's kind of hard to answer with a definitive GPA in mind. College is much harder than high school, but that's not based on academics alone. As an adult you're expected to manage your time properly, study, and show up to class. In high school you generally have a parent or teacher breathing down your neck reminding you about things that may be due. That doesn't happen in in college.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would say college but I am just stating back
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 11:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Depends on the subjects you are taking. In high school I took all the high AP classes and it was hard to get a 3.5! but I got that or higher in college semesters so not much changed in my grades
    CharleesMom7

Answer by CharleesMom7 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It really depends on a LOT of things. If you're paying for college, you're more likely to go to school all the time, and work harder to get better grades. But the college courses may be a lot more difficult than the high school classes you didn't pay for.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It depends on the highschool, and the college. I have my BA, but went for an Associates degree in a different field a few years ago - the community college I went to (which has a really good reputation!) was way easier than my highschool ever was!! But when I was at the university for my 4 year degree, the work was on par or slightly above my highschool (of course in highschool I was taking college level courses, so that might have had something to do with it)

Answer by missanc at 11:26 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Well, I am back in college and I have a 4.0. In high school I was a C student. So the answer is harder to get a 3.5 in high school. College is very hard and challenging but I am much more motivated and focused. I know that I am paying for it so I try harder. Also when I do well I take pride in it. In high school I just cared to socialize and not be grounded.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It depends on the school. It depends on the student. It depends on the course of study.

College classes were challenging as they should be. However, they were also mostly in my areas of strength and interest. Without my 'weak' areas of study being a predominate part of my schedule, maintaining a higher GPA was easier than in HS even though the basic class work was more challenging.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 12:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010