how soon can I test and how do I know when to test?

First how do I know when to test for pregnancy? My periods are anywhere from 21-31 days more like 28 or 29 than the 31 though I had like maybe 2 or 3 that were at 31 days anyway. We are trying to have another baby, but not sure when to test? Last month my period was at 22 days and this month I had it the 8th it was 25 days. I already took 2 tests because I am having symptoms of pregnancy, but it says I am not pregnant. Although the 3rd of October will be 25 days. Also if I am using a digital test (I have one more of those test) how soon can I take it? It doesn't say anywhere on the box.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Test after October 6th and again a week later if it's negative.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You need to chart. Get a basal body temp thermometer (Walmart/Target for @ $9). Take your temp before you get up of a morning (before moving around, talking, anything) and track it. Check your cervix position 1 time a day at the same time each day. Check your mucous. (a good book to help is Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler you can get it on Amazon). The BBT (temp) will tell you if you are ovulating and when, the cervical position and mucous will tell you if you are fertile. Sperm needs fertile mucous to live in long enough to make it to the egg. You can be fertile but not ovulate. Just as you can ovulate without being fertile. Each issue needs a different treatment. Your hormones change with each child that you have. So, you may not have any issues before your 1st but your body changes after. Here is a good site that will help. http://www.tcoyf.com/

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Since you are having sporadic periods, that means that you may not be regularly ovulating. I would wait until the 31 days and then take the test. If it comes up negative, I would start charting to see when you are ovulating. This will help any doctor diagnose what you need to do to get pregnant.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• personally, I would wait until 2-4 days before my next period is due. If you are having soreness in your breasts, mild cramping, and nausea you could be pregnant. But dont jump the gun until you get a positive test result!
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 11:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Mine is pretty consistent. I usually wait close to 30 days before deciding to test.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I would wait till after 5 days late from 31 days. Since you periods vary.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

I don't know. Ever since I had my 2.5 year old I have periods like this before then my periods were very 28 days to the day I always new I was going to start that day in the morning. Now it is very heavy and every 21-31 days. I am not sure how to tell I am ovulating.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010