Birthday party question - is this totally lame?

My DD will be three in May (yes, I am a planner and am thinking about it this early! LOL). She is getting VERY interested in Pricesses, so I thought I would have that as her party theme. I'm only 22, so my friends are still younger, so I asked them if they wanted to dress up as Princesses for her party! They can wear their prom dresses for the party, do their hair, etc. They are all really excited about it, and I'll have a lot of extra help, so I'm excited too.

I'm just wondering if that is totally lame? Having adult women dress up for a little kid party.. LOL it sounds kind of lame.. LOL What do you guys think??

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• I think it's great! My daughter would have loved that. She is lucky to have a mommy that can still think like a kid!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it would be fun regardless of age, even us oldies would enjoy it. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:17 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it sounds like a super fun idea and even better both your daughter and your guests will have a blast! Every girl, young or old or in between wants to be a princess :)
    CarolinaQ

Answer by CarolinaQ at 11:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• that's awesome! good idea!
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 11:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That is a great idea!!!!
    jtmommyN

Answer by jtmommyN at 11:39 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sounds fun.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• So cute!!!! That is awesome!! If you can afford it try and get a bunch of plastic tiaras to hand out! I wanna come! I have all boys right now!!! You are so lucky!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• While she is young is the time to do it. As she gets older and start elementary school she may not like having a bunch of grown women at her party. So go ahead and have fun to!! You could even make it like a tea party. They make plastic plates and cups that look like crystal. You can find lots of neat party ideas here(favors, games, invites, etc.): http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com/princess-birthday-party.html.  You can also search the site and twist other party theme ideas to match yours.  I had a friend who has boys and did a pirate theme party and loved the ideas here.

nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 2:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OK, completely NOT lame! When my daughter was 7 her little girlfriend from school had a princess party. It was a huge hit! My daughter still talkes about how fun it was to get all dressed up and have her nails and hair done. Good choice!
    Kimberly1879

Answer by Kimberly1879 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Very cute! You know how to do the Martha Stewart Barbie Cake? Full Dress! Very cool. Look it up on her website....it's basically a bunt cake with doll in the middle! You have to do it. Wrap the doll in plastic. It looks awesome!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 7:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010