Strange 4 month old behavior.

My daughter is nearly 4 months, and is a great kid. She sleeps good and is on a smooth schedule, happy and sweet, but sometimes she worries me. She is spastic and feels very tense. She pulls her hands to her mouth a lot and fights to get them around her binky. Her entire body feels tight and almost shaky, but she isn't shaking or having a seizure or anything. She kicks out her legs then pulls them in, and you have to pry her hands open. This doesn't feel like a serious issue, but it is hard to cuddle with her, but she wants to be held, almost liek she just won't relax. When I was pregnant she never stopped moving.

Any tips on calming her down, getting her to relax?

DoveMomma

Asked by DoveMomma at 11:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like she just doesn't want to be cuddled or held at that point in time. Try to give her more tummy time!
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Maybe she's gassy ?
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• sounds like maybe some tummy or gas pain...they dont always cry about that, sometimes they just move and jerk a lot to try to get the air to move out....also she could be fighting sleep...my DD will swipe at her pacifier or remove it completely because it makes her drowsy and she doesnt want to go to sleep....she will also move and jerk her legs like you are describing to try and wake herself up....this could be a cue that shes tired and needs to be put down for a nap....GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my daughter does this to and I think it is gas every now and then when she kicks out her legs she farts REAL loud! and then she is better!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010