Do you ever wish that you had chosen another name for your child?

I love my Baby's name, but sometimes I wish I had named her with the name I liked best, not the one that most agreed on.

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• At first, yes. Until I told my daughter what I was going to name her and she thanked my mom for not letting me name her that way. lol
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• no! I have Kaleb, Kallista, Chloe and Daisy, andsoon to be Ginger, and I choose thm very carefully, and put myhert in them!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We were debating on Oscar or Max. My husband chose Max but he kind of looks more like he could have been an Oscar although Max fits him also - that's been our only thought about it though.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my husband chose our 3rd daughter's name.. and though i really wanted a different name for her, the name he chose fits her. her name is taylor and we love calling her "tater and taytay" so it worked out :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No, both of my kids names are names I love. The 'runners-up' now that I think of them wouldn't have been names that I liked as much!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't! I think all our kids fit their names. I'm actually glad we didn't go with our first choice with our third child... she definitely doesn't look like a "Caidence"... she's Caidy. She's ornery, and cute, and very cuddly... and definitely fits her name.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope, I love the name Connor we chose for him. It fits him. It means strong willed and that is def him.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope I love my kids names.
    Alexander Nicholas was always a favorite since I was little. Benjamin Chandler Chase was a compliation of my choice, my husband's choice and Alex's choice - it fits him perfectly.
    I named my first child I placed for adoption Nicholas Alexander (they changed his name), sometimes I question what he would think knowing that I switched his name around and gave it my 2nd child...although Alex loves that idea and has no issues with it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We have 3 girls. My hubby chose all of their names, and I love the names he chose. For each pregnancy, he made a list of possible boy and girl names. He decided that once the ultrasound said if we were having a boy or girl, he'd pick the one he liked best for that baby. Each girl's name fits her personality perfectly.

I felt lucky to be the one to carry them, so I wanted Hubby to name them. He's got great taste in naming babies!
    sjjeaster

Answer by sjjeaster at 2:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010