getting rid of a belly flap

after having a child and gaining so much weight so fast my belly stretched beyond what it needed and after having her i had a belly hand bottom of stomach it hangs 3 inches im loosing weight had 3 c sections after that to but im exercising and loosing weight but i want to know if what exercises gets rid of it i have lived with it for 7 years want to feel pretty again please help.

faith86

Asked by faith86 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Loose skin can only be corrected with surgery (tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty as it's called). You can exercise and eat healthy to lose the actual fat in your mid-section, but the stretchy skin must be removed to lose the dreaded overhang. Sorry :(
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yes it can but it's VERY hard and does take time. you'll want to do exercises that target the lower abdomen and exercises that target the entire and you'll want to alternate. first are leg rolls. you lie down on your back with your knees bent ad your hands flat on the floor and lift your knees to your chest and then back down. for a bigger challenge/better results do not put your feet on the floor til you're done with the set, just roll up, roll down but let them hang and roll up again. next are leg ups, you lie on your back with your body straight and legs together, lift your legs to a 90 degree angle and then bring them back down but don't let them touch the floor and bring them back up again. next jackknives. lie on your back with your knees bent slightly. lift your arms and legs up to form a v shape, and go back down, this time you can touch the floor. do 10 of one, 10 of the next, and 10 of the next, and keep alternating
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• untrue vicesix...i'm a fitness trainer. i've seen it done. you just need to lose it the right way and lose it slowly because you need fat to lose with the skin and the skin will shrink. that has to be lost very slowly though
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• To lose the fat in the "Belly Skirt" (as my family calls it) you have to do cardio. Running, walking, biking, swimming, or aerobics are all great methods of cardio. Then to tighten up the skin and muscles you're going to want to do either Pilates or Yoga. Both together is even a great idea. Honestly, you don't need to diet, you don't need to starve yourself, or go on any crazy excersise plan. You just need a good excersise plan of 20-30 minutes a day (even every other day is okay). Then just eat healthy and you'll get rid of it in no time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Not to be argumentative aliishott2, but I am extremely into fitness and am now at my nearly ideal body weight and haven't lost a single smidge of the flap left over from my 2 c-sections. I have consulted a personal trainer, as well as my physician and a plastic surgeon. I CANNOT exercise this floppy skin away. I do extensive abdominal exercise, by the way, including not only hardcore work, but also yoga and pilates. It's never made a difference on the belly skin. So what you say may be true for some people, but it's not for me.
    OP, I hope exercises can help you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• pilates and dance aerobics got rid of mine and i was bed ridden for 6 months.... with my son. It can be done you just have to stick with it.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• find a workout you like and stick with it gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2010