How do you vote?

I've been seeing those signs again all over people's yards.
My question is- if you claim a party- do you strictly vote for members of that party, or do you vote based on who coincides most with your values and principals? Why do you vote the way you do?
Lastly- will you be voting different in this election than you normally vote?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I vote for the person who is right for the job and would do good for our country. I don't stick to a certain part.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• *party
    mommy_of_two388

• I vote mostly Democrat but I make sure the candidates' views are consistent with my own. I've been known to vote for a Repulican or Independent candidate because I agree with him/her more than the Dem.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have aways voted for the person and the platform. My first vote was Republican in 1964. But I changed my alliance in 1976,after Watergate and the debacle of Ford pardoning Nixon. Republicans let me down and they haven't redeemed themselves so far.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm still undecided how I'll be voting in November. I tend to vote Democrat, but that's not intentional although I'm a registered member of the party. I vote for who I feel will do the best job, and for propositions and such I vote according to what I feel would benefit my state and its citizens best.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I vote for the candidate that I think will do the best job on issues that concern me.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 12:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I do claim a party, but dont always vote party lines; I vote for whomever has the best record of voting according to my preference. In the election in November, I know of one race in which I will be voting for a third party.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I vote for best candidate, IMO, for the job.
    Lots of research and reading on the issues.
    I have no party affiliation.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Always by principles, never by party. So I suppose that this time I will be voting the same way I always vote... by whomever I htink is the best person for the job.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't vote party line, I vote my conscience. This won't change.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010