Do you bake more in the Fall/Winter months?

Seems I turn into Betty Crocker as soon as Fall hits. I make fresh baked goods several times a week. Last night I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin bread. I'll probably put on on few pounds by Christmas at this rate.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 11:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i bake all fall and winter long i love it! in the summer its to hot to bake! i bought some great cookie cutters i cant wait to try them out!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• mostly around holidays so like Nov and Dec. Its honestly still hot here so I am not baking now.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes I bake and cook more in the fall and winter months. I hate turning my oven on in the summer because we don't have AC and it gets way to hot in here, so I make up for it in the winter and fall!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• About equal
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• baking I can smell you pumpkin bread way over here. 

And yes I tend to bake more. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yeah i bake more often in the Fall and Winter....who wants the oven heating the house up even more in the summer.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I tend to bake bread more often. I'm not too into making baked desserts, although your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sound delicious. Could you send me the recipe for those please? I bought way too much canned pumpkin last year that I'm still working on using up. I love the way the house smells when its cold outside and there's the scent of warm fresh bread inside.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes because I don't need any more heat in my house in the summer
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I start baking when the weather starts to chill or football starts LOLO. and I bake straight thru the winter.also start having big sunday dinners
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh yes having raised a large family I cannot wait for winter so I can bake and not run me out of the house. Now if only I had people to bake for!!!
    Dreamsambit

Answer by Dreamsambit at 1:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010