pregorexia? has anybody heard of it

My gf said doc said she suffers from it..she xtremely thin.she is a health nut..xtreme xercise nut..don't get me wrong that's not my worry...she says thatt her doc says she lost more weight than she supp to an if she doesn't stop their baby girl will have health problems...
Any advice is helpful..
Btw she is 6mons..5'2..an weighs 94 lbs rite now..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, i have heard of it. It's the most selfish messed up thing any mother can do. If you're so worried about being thin, that you cannot even eat enough for your growing baby....then they should not have kids. why get pregnant just to harm the health of your baby? From what i understand, it comes from celebrities wanting to stay thin during pregnancy, so that they can lose their baby weight right away. Sickening. Where is her partner in all of this? Doesn't he have a say in any of this? It's his baby too! There isn't much you can do other than encourage her go to therapy or see a nutritionist to tell her how much of a selfish bitch she is. You should also be the good friend that constantly reminds her of how selfish her behavior is & how it can mess up your baby. It can have life long effects on her child.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Why have they not hosptialized her yet? She obviously is not mentally or physically well. Needs to enter inpatient treatment ASAP
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I not sure if he really cares or not..she never says to much about his feelings..but I didn't know that they woulld hospitalized u for this...never heard of it bfore..thought she was making it up..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have never heard of it but I think I'm going to look up the subject. You might want to look it up too.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010