a 2nd baby shower should be a great thing

Why do people think its so rude to have a second baby shower? I think every baby deserves one.

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 10:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A baby shower in my opinion is for the mother; not the baby. It is given to help out a new mom that needs the basic necessities. I think that unless the baby is from a diff father or is many years after the fist then its ok. Also if a family member throws one as a suprise. I know too many ppl that had second showers with a registry a mile long. To me thats very rude. Especially when the already have the stuff to begin with
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• The baby shower is for the mother to prepare for her first baby. Think back 50-100 years. Women didn't know if they were having a boy or girl, besides chances were they were having 5-10! You don't need as much stuff for the second, unless they are really spaced out and you gave away your stuff. The idea is not to get too greedy. That is why someone else should host your baby shower. However, plenty of people have second baby showers, just try not to invite the same people. Nobody wants to feel they are being pumped for gifts. Example; if the girls at the office surprise you with a group gift and lunch, well good for you. If your mother is inviting 2nd cousins you have only seen (in your life) at your wedding shower and your first baby shower then that is going to look bad.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:14 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think that every baby should have a shower also...there are different types of celebrations for the second baby....like a food shower , where all the guests bring different deserts.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I had my daughter in 07 and could not keep a single thing. I had no where to store anything so i donated when i was done. Now im having another girl and will be having a second baby shower BUT my family is mailing me stuff since i live 3000 miles away now and to me that is showing that they love and care about me.(support me).Plus it was my moms idea.She said who doesnt love buying baby stuff. and i agree. I shop for people i had just met and give a gift no matter what.Diapers are always a huge plus lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:44 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• As long as it wasnt your idea i dont see the big deal. My friend had a shower with over 100 items on her registry. Stuff she already had!! I thought it was rude and i did not purchase from it. I bought her diapers and bath stuff.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• with my last daughter i was told i didnt put enough options on the list. So this year i made sure pleanty to choose from.
    Anonymous

• People think it is bad because some people are freaks. Every baby deserves a shower. I believe in the Miss Manners book it says a second shower is fine.
    Good Luck!
    http://www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2008