$3000 tv on gift registery?

A friend of mine told me her future husband wants to put a huge tv on their gift registry and asked what I thought. Doesn't it seem a little over the top?

silly2plustwins

Asked by silly2plustwins at 12:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just cuz its there doesnt mean anyone is going to buy it for them.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Lol. I think it's kinda funny. If they get it more power to 'em.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yea, it does seem over the top. Most people can't afford to spend that much money on a tv for themselves let alone as a gift for someone else.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'd tell her to do it at Target and if anyone says anything about it to them to say they did it because Target gives 10% off any items on your registry that you don't get.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• IDK, I've seen lots of things on registries that I wouldn't have put on there, but they can register for whatever they want. If you don't ask, the answer is always no, right? :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nobody would buy it, and it's a little rude to even ask for it, but hey if he wants to.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Is their registry so they can put there whatever they want. Unless they have rich relatives I doubt someone is going to buy it.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 12:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think gift registries are tacky to begin with but to put such a large item on a registry would be over the top.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 12:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• WOW, can you say GREEDY?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• A little over the top. Is it really needed, I would put things I REALLY need on a gift registry.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010