SICK :(

my 5 1/2 month old is very congested but yet her nose is running like a faucet which is making it very difficult for her to sleep i just dont know how to help her any advice would be appreciated thanks
~kaleigh's mom~

blue_eyes11

Asked by blue_eyes11 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a warm mist humidifier with vicks in her room at night while Kayli had a cold. I didn't give her any medicine but made sure she had plenty to drink and kept the vicks on. It worked very well :)
    I hope she feels better soon!
    BDein1120

Answer by BDein1120 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My pedi told me to run a humidifer. Also placing the baby in the car seat to sleep with it slightly elevated will help with the drainage. Just place it on the floor beside you and if you are using a crib lower the crib setting and place it in there. An my SIL takes her little ones in the bathroom and runs a hot shower for the steam when they are congested. She just sits in there for a little bit. She says it works wonders. Hope your LO gets better soon. GL
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• when my little man had a tiny cold our doctor suggested saline drops for his nose. you can buy then at any drugstore, no prescription needed. use that with a snot sucker (for lack of better word) . he was so congested we had to prop him up, i used the boppy, your car seat would work too. if that's difficult you can roll a towel and place it under the mattress of the crib on one side to elevate. a humidifier is nice if you have it, but they do sell infant vicks rub, too. of coarse tylenol it there is a fever. other than that patients, kisses, and time. good luck. you'll do fine mom.

MaVie

Answer by MaVie at 11:52 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Besides the humidifier you can also put a pillow under the mattress so that one side is elevated a bit.
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2008