Dr.'s gave you a wrong due date

Did you ever think that the Dr.'s gave you a wrong due date. And in the end you were right over them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They did give me a wrong one at first. The U/S gave me a better one.Either way...I wasn't worried. I will go until i go into labor naturally. No need for a "due date'.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's really all a guessing game and most babies aren't born on their due date anyway, so unless it's a month off it doesn't really matter.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My edd was changed 3 times by the drs during my first pregnancy. My dd ended up being born on the day that I told them she would be due. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I always get an u/s around 6-8wks. Certain things grow on certain days. With a high resolution u/s (some places do still have old crappy ones) they can pretty much pin it down to exactly how many days pregnant you are.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My dr changed my sons due date because they were afraid he was going to be too small so the last week I was afraid I was going to go in labor and I cried most the time because he had the umbilical cord around his neck
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I always go by my LMP.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• So far I have gotten 3 due dates, One from the hospital ultrasound, another from my Dr OBGYN and another from my Dr. office Ultrasound, I got April 12,15,17, I'll just go with I'm popping in April, lol
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i don't think there's really a right due date. It depends on the baby when s/he wants to come out. The due date just gives you an approx time that the baby might be out.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• YUP! My oldest DD was about a month over due, They just would not listen, I knew when I conceived. Same with my youngest. They annoying this is they stopped labor when it was around the right time for me to go.... both were said to be very over due according to their doctor.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No, both my estimate and theirs matched.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010