Do you think it is a good idea to make ppl happy that do not care if you are happy?

Lilmama35555

Asked by Lilmama35555 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Probably not. You can easily end up disappointed and resentful.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If someone doesn't care about your happiness, then why should you care about theirs? Treat others as you'd want to be treated, but don't go out of your way to make everyone else happy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If you're referring to a job, then yeah, you should keep your boss happy even if your boss couldn't care less if you are happy, but personal relationships are a whole different issue. For personal relaltionships, I wouldn't want to associate with a person who didn't care about me.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Nope, if they don't care then neither do I.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• No. I recently went to visit a friend in another state. My two younger sisters expected me to give up these plans, so they can come to Vegas were I live to watch a free concert and gamble.
    Well I did not give up my plans and they did not come to Vegas because my sister did not want to pay $45.00 for a hotel. Now they are not talking to me.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 12:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I saw a quote once that said: "Don't make someone a priority in your life as long as you remain an option in theirs."

I wouldn't go out of my way to make them UNhappy, but I sure wouldn't put myself out to make them happy if I mean so little to them.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You don't MAKE people happy, they choose to be. I don't rely on others to MAKE me happy, nor do I expect it, therefore I am not dissapointed. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• nope
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• This type of thinking can be part of co-dependence. When we want to do everything for someone else to ensure or think we are making them happy, without giving one thought to ourselves and what we want (that's being co-dependent). It isn't our job to make someone else happy, nor can we - happiness is something you do for yourselve, by listening to your wants and your needs. There is a time and place to do what is right and what is necessary - but that doesn't mean you give up your own feelings for your desires. Sometimes we make sacrifices for others in what should be a way to compromise a situation but we shouldn't always being do this. It can lead to anger and resentment.
    My short answer is no.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Pretty much what blesseswboys is saying. We are on the same page! :) cool!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010