Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter's father just moved 3 1/2 hours away....

My ex and I have been divorced for 3 years...Our daughter(age 11) lives with me. Her daddy would see her a lot. His job always takes presendence over him spending time with her. He just moved for his job with his new girlfriend. My daughter is having a tough time. He claims he will come to visit every week, I don't see it happening.

Answer Question

Asked by Dee2301 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You can not force your EX to come and see his daughter..But you can make him pay child support,,Just tell your daughter to call her father when she asks about him not coming to see her,,


    Answer by louise2 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • Mybe offer to meet him halfway? Does he work wknds? If not, maybe he can keep her 4 a wknd?

    Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

  • I think that you need to be there for your daughter. You can not force him to spend time with her.
    I know that is very hard and sad that she has to go through this, just remember it is not your fault. Kids are smarter then you think and soon she will be making her own decisions about him.

    If you think meeting him half way would work then offer that. I wish you the best and Good Luck

    Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.