Disappointed adult content

So Sunday my bf of 5 years and I have sex. I just recently got off of the mirena and so we both knew there's a chance I may get preggo until I get back on something. After we do the deed he freaks out and tells me I need to go get the Plan B or Next choice pill. I have one son from a previous relationship bnut none with him. I go get it and feel kind of sick. My bf is just fine with everything and tells me it's better this way. Then goes onto forgetting about it. I feel shitted on. Am I taking this out of proportion? Or am I just feeling hurt about the chances of having a kid with him don't seem like it's gonna happen..how would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Totally
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• lol
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i would tell him that he knew the possibilities and that if he wasnt ready for children yet he shouldnt have done the deed. asshole
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• plus, how does he act toward your child? does he seem interested in having a family? if not, i would advise to find someone who is ready for the same things you are
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It sounds to me like he isn't ready for a family or child of his own. Knowing that you had stopped taking birth control he should have known better in the first place if he wasn't ready for the possibility and used his own protection. I understand that sometimes that doesn't happen, but he obviously wasn't taking your feelings into account. Not knowing what conversation you had prior or after you stopped using the Mirena - I suggest another talk about this to ensure you're both on the same page.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You have been together 5 years, but are you married, living together or engaged? That should tell you the level of your committment if you are talking about a future together or not. IMO you should be very certain of your future with someone before you try having a child with them. You should be using birth control until you are sure you are ready for a child together.

Instead of feeling totaly hurt (which is normal), I would say you use this close call to discuss your relationship with your BF. Do you want kids? Do you want to get marrried? Does he? Where is this all going? I myself was in a 6 year relationship... and I know how sometimes it feels awkward to bring up the big hard questions... but you should and you have to... if you want to make the life decisions for your future.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sounds to me like he cares more about getting his NUT than he does about you...
    If he knew you weren't on BC, then he should have taken the responsibility himself and put on a rubber.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 1:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree with the others. Both of you are responsible for this. You need to sit down and talk about where your relationship is headed. If you are just BoyFriend/Girl Friend then use protection!!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Both of you should've known better. If he's just a friend without any ties to you, why would you want to bring a baby into his life? And on that same hand, he was just out to have sex and he should've worn a top coat to make sure he was protected...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Why did you go off the birth control? The Mirena? I would go back on something until you have a solid commitment.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010