Is it rude to include...

something along the lines of "The birthday girl has started a wish list at lakeside collection this year, if you would like to know whats on it, just ask her mommy or daddy" on my daughters birthday party invitations? I dont want them to assume they HAVE to buy something to come to the party, but I want them to know that things from there that have to be ordered well in advance if they do want to get her something. They dont have to get anything from there, but thats where her wish list is from. Or should I just make a list for myself of what she wants, the price and where it's from and just tell people when they ask? then I could put something like "Some of the items on the birthday girls wish list are from an online store, so if you would like to get a gift, please allow 2-3weeks for delivery". Most of the people coming are all close friends and family so there is no need to be formal, I just dont want to be rude either.

chipper87

Asked by chipper87 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i wouldn't put anything of the sort on the invites. if they call you in person and ask what she'd like, then you could tell them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't put that on invitations, I would wait until someone asked.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Please don't. If people want suggestions they'll ask. Personally I avoid party invites that state a wish list like that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't include that in there, but just let your daughter buy stuff from there with any money she gets. Or well....save them for Christmas, I LOVE Lakeside Collections they have such affordable things and I do holiday shopping there every year.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Okay, thanks ladies....I think I will just make a list for myself and tell them when they call what she wants specifically but let them know that anything they get will be fine. She is only 3, she isnt going to remember her wish list anyway, lol.
    chipper87

Comment by chipper87 (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I don't know if it's "rude" or not, but it's REALLY tacky to include anything about a "wish list". I'm pretty sure at this point most people assume it's appropriate to bring a gift to a kid's party. If they want to know what she wants, they'll ask.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• sorry i shop at the bookstores so i have no clue what this lakeside collections is. so i agree with mom2jack04. you should save that for christmas or give the list to family. not to the classmates.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Very rude. When people call and ask what my kids like, I just say, "He loves batman and Toy Story" I let them decide what to get. I would never be specific and tell them, "A remote control Toy Story car". Save the list for your parents and you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• noel1978 it's a catalog/online store. They have great deals on pretty much everything: www.lakesidecollection.com
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it's a bad idea for her to make a wish list. Now she thinks she is going to get those things. A bad habit to start.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010