36 weeks, awkward stabbing pains?

I was at the doctor's Monday morning and my cervix was still closed. I'd say about a week or two ago I had a weird, sharp, stabbing-like pain in my vagina. (TMI, I know) .. but then last night it got pretty bad, I felt this pain about three or four times within a minute and then it was gone. Haven't felt it again yet. What could this be?

NMRx

Asked by NMRx at 11:05 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had the same thing!!! It hurt so bad! But my doc said it was my body getting ready and opening up for birth. It lasted a while, but you're almost there! woo-hoo!!
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 11:06 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I also got this same pain and it wasn't long after I started experiencing those sharp pains in my vajay-jay that I started to dialate. I was about 1.5 cm around 37 ish weeks and I had my son 8 days early. It's just your bodies way of getting ready to birth the baby. Mine weren't constant or consistent either though mine were just sporadic, almost like throbbing pains down there. Soon enough you'll be holding your little bundle so just hang in there :-)
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Ahhh this happens to me now, And im only 29 weeks! Doc told me it was normal and it was ligaments stretching,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i had the same problems during my pregnacy. im not sure what its called but its normal. i had it 6 months until birth.
    qtwells82

Answer by qtwells82 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008