Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My children's father had a affair on me,out of this relationship with the other woman she conceived a son and named him after my children's father first and last name not middle. My kids don't have his last name....can she do this without him signing a certificate?...he says he didn't approve and he didn't sign.

Baby father/Boyfriend I have a family with had a relationship with another woman. This woman got pregnat she had the baby which is a boy named the child after my Babydaddy/Boyfriend giving his first name and last not the middle. She did this to spite me he says he did not approve or agree to her doing this. I have two sons by him he always were involved in naming the kids. He did not want to do the JR thing I know it sounds strange. But she did it...He says he did not sign any papers but legally the baby has his last name and first.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • you can name your child whatever you want. That doesn not assume paternity. Putting the fathers name on the certificate under FATHER and him signing it assumes paternity. A woman can put a mans name there, but what counts is if he signs it or signs a declaration denying paternity. There are some states if you dont deny it in 90 days of birth it is assumed true and sticks regardless of what DNA proves later.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • your still with this guy? You dont think he will do it again? and honey Im not being one of those rude judgmental people because I have been in your shoes for a very long time and when you find it's time in your heart you will realize you deserve better. good luck. p.s Beat that bitches ass.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • Wow heres the mentality of this situatio "babydaddy", "beat that bitches ass" grow up and both of you probably wouldn't be "in these situations.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • I agree with GrnEyedGrandma above. Check your local laws concerning paternity. Some states require a signed statement of paternity for it to stick. I know my husband's biological parents did that in Pennsylvania.

    Unfortunately, I am under the assumption that a person can name their child after anyone they want. A Junior does imply that he's the father but it's not legal and binding concerning paternity. Again, check your local laws concerning the use of Junior in a name just to be sure.

    Answer by tizzanny at 1:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • She probably did this to have some type of safe guard for that kid. Since he didn't sign the papers, then I will give the kid his name so IN CASE he runs that will be proof that he's the kids dad. Or just to be a bitch. But dumbass needs a paternity test to prove he's dad not just a name. If I were her I would've been to embarrassed to name my child after him since it was an affair that brought this child into the world. She's real classy! {sarcasm}
    If you knew he had an affair before you why did you even hook up with him?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • If you knew he had an affair before you why did you even hook up with him?

    Sorry I saw that it was an affair on you.  Nevermind

    My husband had an affair and if he father a child out of it that would've been the deal breaker for me. We are together still and it's a long story but uh uh, sorry.

    Now I see she definatly did the name thing just to be a bitch.  lol What an ass and poor kid. Maybe she name the kid thinking dad will stick around. Well is he? No, and now that poor kid will have the name of a man his mom had an affair with.  What trash she is huh? To think that men fall that crap too. Sickening.  Trust me, he's not feeling to good on the inside. I feel for you. Whore woman always try to screw other lives up, and sometime they succeed.


    Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • You/she can give your child any first and last name that you want to. The paternity question varies from state to state, but she can name her kid anything she wants regardless.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 2:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • Your children could have had their father's last name. If they don't, look into that as well when you find out what the laws are. I assume he is their father. I am sorry you are with a guy who didn't want to give his name to his children if that is the case. I am not sure it is. Perhaps, I misunderstood your post.

    Answer by manna1qd at 4:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • This is a

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • This is a reply follow up and insight to the story, yes this woman is the type that doesn't care she is with someone elses man. I have heard her pregnacy was on purpose she was jealous me and my man have kids and I was pregnat with his son when she called me,any way she thought she would really get the advantage by doing this. When time comes I will Prove who has right and who doesn't. He would have to take paternity for everybody. I won't let her take away from my kids. Spritually I feel so bad but it's all in a name he is with me and my kids.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.