Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how to find a counselor?

I have lots of good friends but several are not in the same situation or i just dont know how well i can trust them. My friends are alot younger than my husband and his friends so naturally they arent married, still in school, and off doing their own thing. My husbands friends which are also good friends of mine but LOVE his family, so i dont feel confortable telling them what bugs me about his parents or him. I need to have someone to talk to cause if not i feel like i am going to explode. we dont always see eye to eye on things (mostyl due to age difference and how we were raised) and he doesnt always understand what i mean about things.. My family is very close.. but mostly they stand being their spouse. My mom and dad arent stuck up each others butt, but most of their spare time is together, his are sleep in diff. bedrooms never do anything together other than what they have to.. so he is ok with not being with us everynit


Asked by Ross2010 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Health

Level 17 (4,420 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Try church or ask your doctor if there is any support groups in your area. Good Luck!

    Answer by jshimmy at 9:06 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

  • Does your health insurance website have a "find a provider" search? That will list all the therapists covered in your area. Then you can give them a call and feel them out.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • well there is a 21 year age difference between my husband and i....and hes from pakistan, im american so big culture difference too...religion difference too! i was raised christian and hes muslim....

    so if you want to chat message me...n i dont charge fees. lol.

    Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • Yellow pages or Catholic Charities (you don't have to be Catholic)

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010