My daughter just turned 2 last week. For the past week or so she has been absolutly terrible. She will not listen and is mouthy and bossy. I don't know what to do. Time outs are not working. What happened to my sweet little baby?? I hope she grows out of this soon. Everyone says it's the terrible twos but come on!!! Anyone have any suggestions?

tinaaly

Asked by tinaaly at 11:16 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the bad news is that this is going to last much longer than a week. the good news is, you can show her that you will not tolerate this behavior by inforcing time outs. my daughter would cry and scream and throw herself against the wall in times outs. but i would show her no attention in time out, and if she came out of the corner, or naughty spot, i would put her right back and tell her it is time out time. you may have to repeat the process a million times, but it does work after a while. i love super nanny and she teaches that time outs can be a great way to effectively discipline your child. now when my daughter gets out of control and hits or screams, we put her right in time out. she stays for 2 minutes or until she stops crying. so when she's done, she comes out and immediately apologizes after we talk. its hard at first to watch your child become a demon in the corner, but it does work!
    madismummy

Answer by madismummy at 11:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• U HAVE TO LET HER KNOW THAT U R THE PARENT AND WHAT U SAY GOES IF SHE DOESNT LISTEN STILL I WOULD START GRADUALLY TAKING AWAY TOYS UNTIL SHE LEARNS THAT SHE IS NOT THE BOSS AND IF IT TAKES TAKING ALL OF HER TOYS AWAY BEFORE SHE REALIZES THAT WHEN MOM SAYS SOMETHING SHE MEANS BUSINESS THEN THATS WHAT MIGHT NEED TO HAPPEN EVENTUALLY SHELL LEARN THAT SHES THE CHILD AND UR THE BOSS GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Welcome to the wonderful world of toddlers.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I do take her toys away. Sometimes she just laughs at me. I think she just does it on purpose. I try not to show I am mad but nothing seems to work. Her father watches her during the day while I am at work then i have her the rest of the time. Do you think she is bored and acting out?
    tinaaly

Answer by tinaaly at 11:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2008