I am trying to reconcile this stance on illegal immigrants.....

So Americans dont want these crappy, below minimum wage, no insurance provided, working to the bone jobs right? I heard the INSANE amount of $4 an hour mentioned! Why are you ok with that? How do you reconcile it being a compassionate or good thing to be OK with people being way UNDERPAID and way OVER WORKED? AND HOW would it be in ANY WAY possible for these people to support a FAMILY on that kind of money with out govt assistance? Would they have a BETTER chance if they came in LEGALLY and shouldn't you support that for THEIR well being too!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You forgot that usually they are working under poor conditions as well.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm not sure I can find a question here. I THINK my response is that if we didnt have so many illegals we wouldnt be able to get away with paying anyone $4 per hour. Yes they would, of course, have a better chance if they came in legaly. They would have access to better paying jobs, health care etc.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• For alot of dems I believe its all about the votes..they don't care just as long as those votes keep coming..

Then there are the a@@holes who don't want to have to pay a decent wage.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• what is the question here?
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 12:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It would appear there are several questions here ..I think it boils down how do you sleep well being support of illegal immigration KNOWING these things...underpaid...poor conditions...needing assistance..

I thought it was obvious :shrugs:

here:
    Why are you ok with that? How do you reconcile it being a compassionate or good thing to be OK with people being way UNDERPAID and way OVER WORKED? AND HOW would it be in ANY WAY possible for these people to support a FAMILY on that kind of money with out govt assistance? Would they have a BETTER chance if they came in LEGALLY and shouldn't you support that for THEIR well being too!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh for the LOVE of PETE.......Are you ok with that and HOW do you reconcile yourself as COMPASSIONATE while CONDONING these conditions???
    momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Same with repubs who support BB moving operations, corp tax base and family supporting jobs offshore- Government officials are only interested in securing votes/funding in order to get reelected. Business owners are only interested in making a profit. Workers are left to figure out how to stay employed, earn enough to survive and save for retirement and ALL hope to he!! they do not get sick and watch it all get wiped away.

It's all politicians of all parties, not selective-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OK the $4 an hr. was me. I am not an illegal I worked under age at a family own restaurant. That is why I was ok with it. I can also reconcile it because if you knew how the illegal community went, they usually live about 10 working people to a house. SO jack shit goes to living expenses from each individual. Then they send a portion home to their families, where they end up with more then enough money to live comfortably for quite a while. I am also ok with it because they are happy with it. They are grateful for it they are not whiny bitches like us. Shit at this point in time I would be grateful for that amount. So maybe you should try if you plan on quoting me not to take it out of context.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh for the LOVE of PETE....... Just trying to answer your unappearant question.. No need to get angry.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 1:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I thought it was obvious that the OP can clearly see that a whole demographic of people are being exploited and some of the people that don't care about illegal immigration are okay with that exploitation.

I agree with you, OP. I don't know how people can reconcile exploiting others.  Even if we had to pay more for our goods, if we weren't shelling out so much money to support illegal immigrants in our country we would probably save in the end.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010