Need to run a background check...

Hi ladies! I just landed a new job (I was laid off in May so I have just been home). I have a few interviews lined up for potential nannies for my kids. I am going to have them fill out an application, but I need enough information about them to run a background check on the one we choose. What all do I need? SSN? Full name and b-day?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 12:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Criminal past is public information in ANY state. Just call your county courthouse. And if they can't give you their SSN to fill out a 1090 form for taxes they have no business working for you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You need to check wit your state laws. Here you can't get someone Else's background. It is 25 dollars for them to get it. I told my potential sitters I needed a background check and if they were higher I would reimburse the fee. It needed to be in a sealed envelope with the state seal so I know it wasn't tampered with. I lost a lot of potentials but found 3 willing. One I hired.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• All of those except social security number, but I'd have her fill out a 1090 so you can use it on your taxes and use the ssn, their address, prior addresses, and prior jobs. You can also go to your county court house and you can go right on the computer and look up their crim record for free.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i would ask the local police. i know the ones around indy does it. i know it sounds bad, but i'm afraid to give people my ssn. only cuz i had it ripped off once before. so i would ask the police for some help.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• *hired
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• try this,

E-Verify. It will get you started at least.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2010