Halloween Costume Help

My daughter wants to go as a skateboarder but we trick-or-treat at the mall and they won't allow skateboards inside. With her helmet, elbow and knee pads I am worried that without the skateboard she will look like any other sports-thingy...like rollerblading, or something. How do we make her look like a skateboarder without a real skateboard?

P.S. If anyone bashes this post by saying Halloween is evil I will report your answer to CM, so please, if you have a negative comment about Halloween go post it in your journal and leave it out of here. Thanks.

seakla

Asked by seakla at 11:26 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• There is a skateboard back pack carrier. That should be ok. I do like the cardboard idea though. You could also try styrofoam, you can buy it pretty cheap at a craft store. OHHHH... Just thought of something else. If you have a Dollar Tree near by you, they sell foam poster board, That would eb great too! And you could use T.P. rolls or paper towel rolls to make the wheels.
    And Im not sure how old she is, but EVERYONE loves to color! The Foam Poster board is just a thin piece of foam with posterboard on either side. And the Dollar Tree has great stickers for decorating the board! This is a great costume idea.. Kodus to your daughter for the idea, Good Luck!
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Could you make one out of card board and let her decorate it by drawing/painting on it? Thats the only thing I can come up with.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I agree with renea20. make one out of cardboard and have her decorate it.
    sukinova

Answer by sukinova at 11:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You mean she can't even carry it? Thats weird. I'd go with making one.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Go Ohiomommy! What a creative idea. Now I wish my son wanted to be a skateboarder too!! Alas, he will be Indiana Jones.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• drowninginboys...we thought about that, but I think it would be too heavy and then hard for her to hold her trick or treat bag as well.

Ohiomommy...you rock! We did think of making one with cardboard, but I love the foam board idea and some toilet paper tubes sounds awesome!
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 1:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2008