Would you keep your maiden name...

if he had a terrible name? I was reading another post about funny names and some said they knew a family with the last name Nipple. If it was a really horrendous name, like Butts or Nipple would you keep your last name, or ask him to take your name?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 11:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have a long Polish maiden name...you know the one's with like no vowels in it. Proud of my heritage but I married an Alexander and nobody asks me how to spell that when I order pizza!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I kept my last name just because I though Smith was boring LOL
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:34 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I married a MILLER..wanted to keep my maiden name but it hurt him...
    Now I am divorced and my poor daughter has that common last name..
    I wish that when she was born I gave her my maiden name and his last name.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:48 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My ex husband is a Cook. I hypenated.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:58 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My boyfriend's last name is Barrantes...I think it's a helluva cool name compared to mine, so I'll be happy to take his last name when we get married =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I liked his last name, but if anything happens and we get divorced im going back to my maiden name Marriott
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• i kept my last name. too much hassle to change it, and i love my last name. it's part of who i am.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• shoot I started as a Miller and ended a Jones...

Wow we live on the wild side..how much more common can one girl get?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• NO!!! part of being married is taking his name. It drives me nuts when women don't take his name, just because. Then what's the point of marriage? I love you enough to be with you forever but I don't love you enough to take your name??? Just doesn't seem right. If you have a business or kids with another name I see that as a reason. But then you just have two last names you don't not take his!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I personally took my hubby's last name, no one can pronounce it, or spell it, but that's ok. I just wonder if I would have if his last name would have been Nipple.. having children with that last name just seems cruel. And why couldn't he take her last name, marriage isn't about taking someone's last name, it's about loving someone so much that want to spend the rest of your life with them and only them, and to do so you must make compromises, so couldn't he compromise his shitty last name? Just my opinion, I just though the question would be interesting.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2008