Stretch Marks

What did you use to help prevent/heal stretch marks during/after your pregnancy? Did it work?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 1:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i used vitamin e and it did work. i gained 50+ lbs to and i was TINY....but if you try it make sure you use it everywhere. i only used it on my stomach and ended up with them on my thighs
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used palmer's and it didn't work at all. My first pregnancy I got a ton of stretch marks. I gained 42 pounds that time. My second I didn't do anything but eat right and I got fewer, despite gaining 56 pounds and being a LOT bigger.

Genetics has a lot to do with it. You can't prevent or heal them, they are what they are. Just see the beauty in them and enjoy the reminder of the special time you had iwth your baby inside your belly :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I tried a few lotions while I was pregnant and I still got a ton of stretchmarks. My tummy looks like a tiger mauled me and is very similar to Freddy Kruger's face. lol. I gained 50+ pounds with my first pregnancy though, so my tummy got really stretched out.

But I am not embarrassed by them. I will show them off in a heart beat (maybe when I'm a little slimmer though). lol. I am very proud of my stretch marks.

I've heard a saying before, "Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes." Love it. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used cocoa butter twice a day every day and no stretchmarks.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used Palmers, it didnt work...I have lots of gross stretch marks.
    mama2kaiya

Answer by mama2kaiya at 1:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter for Stretchmarks
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• i used cocoa butter and vitamin E but got a few stretch marks anyway- I thought I might not since my mom didn't get any in 5 pregnancies but alas!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• So I'm hearing vitamin e and cocoa butter has some success in lightening them..sweet.

I have nothing against stretch marks. I just have them ALL OVER from swelling at the end of my first pregnancy, and while I know they are a mark I should be proud to bear (And I'm proud of being a mother, and I enjoyed my first pregnancy) I don't feel they are the most attractive, and would like to do what I can to help lighten them. Thank you all very much!
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used BioOil on my stretchmarks I had from my 1st child. It definitely lightened them. I used it during pregnancy for my 4th and 5th babies - didn't get any stretchmarks from those (but I didn't get any from my 2nd or 3rd either and wasn't using BioOil)

Answer by missanc at 2:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010