A stitch in time saves nine what?

angelica02985

Asked by angelica02985 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good question
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Most interpretations translate to the same similar definition: If you have a task before you, complete is sooner, rather than later, to prevent the task from becoming a bigger job than it has to be.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• ." Some contend that the phrase originated from mothers who were weary of mending their children's clothing. Following this theory, the phrase should properly be "A stitch, in time, saves nine." Meaning, if children rip their clothing, they should bring them for repair immediately. If children continue what they are doing, they cause the rip to become larger, which results in extra work for their mother. As a mother, I like this interpretation better than the other interpretations. I must admit, though, that I rarely mend my children's clothing. In another translation, the phrase, "a stitch in time saves nine" means that tasks should be completed immediately, or you will have nine times the work when you complete the task.

Just looked it up, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• nine stitches later... at least that's what I've always thought...
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• nine. Thus if you stitch your men in time you wont have nine children.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 4:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• stitches
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 10:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2010