IBS-D Help???

I have had IBS-D for 14 years and it has been the same thing, lots of bathroom trips! Ok well now I am having this unexplainable GAS issue. No matter what I eat I end up with GAS that is horifficly disgusting (sp). None of the OC stuff works so now what? Any suggestion?

smota

Asked by smota at 11:35 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Health

• Have you tried Benefiber? I know it sounds weird but I had HORRIBLE IBS after having my gall bladder removed. I tried all of that OTC stuff and even if it worked one way it killed me the other. I started taking Benefiber caplets just to take them and my symptoms started disappearing. I take one caplet a day and can eat whatever I want without making trips to the bathroom every 10 or 20 minutes.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Go see your GI doc. Sounds like it might be changing.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• No insurance! I am the only one workign int he family right now, due to car issues, adn I only work 25 hours a week! Cant go to the Dr!
    smota

Answer by smota at 11:38 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Change your life.

http://www.foodnsport.com
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Dear Keyaziz:
    If you know that you have IBS, I would guess that you have a doctor. Why aren't you asking the doctor, and he should prescribe a prescription medication, such as Nexium or Tagamette (800mg,,NOT OTC!)?
    You also need a complete menu of what you CANNOT eat. I know from experience that gluten products are on it. No bread etc.
    Good Luck
    rmbt3
    rmbt3

Answer by rmbt3 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Ok keyaziz check this out...I have changed my life drasticly and I still have this issue. I read some of the website you suggested and some of the things they say are in this raw diet...I CAN NOT EAT bcuz it KILLS ME!!!!

Next suggestion!
    smota

Answer by smota at 12:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2008