am i alone? or does everybodies baby freak out when they put them in the car seat? my 4 and a half month old freaks nearly every time we put him the car seat, it's always a fight. even though we sing , smile, talk, and try to keep a positive attitude. he hates it. it's awful, with unforgiving screams. does this happen to any one else? will he grow out of it and when?

MaVie

Asked by MaVie at 11:40 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, Antonio has done that before.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I am sorry, my son does not do this, but have you tried to pu thim in it in the house and just kinda leave him in the house dont go anywhere just put him in it for a few minutes at a time,you dont even have to buckle him in, or if your strong enough when you put hi in it try useing it as a swing, not to high or fast but kinda swing it back and forth and let him know its fun to be in it, what about toys that attach to the carseat maybe get him interested in the toys and them attach them to the seat? I hope this can be some help
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 11:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My kiddo did that. He still gets a little upset, but we give him a toy right as we strap him in. Then he's so distracted by the toy he stops crying. We keep a special toy in the car that he can only play with in the carseat. That way it's still a novelty every time he gets in the car.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:45 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my daughter cried every time you put her in a car seat. she could cry for 2 hours straight. we tried different car seat, toys, bottles, tv and nothing works. she is slowly getting better but she is almost 2.
    travelingmom321

Answer by travelingmom321 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My dd is 4 1/2 months. Most the time she is happy and calm gettin in her carseat. In the last month though, she has started to sometmes whine and arch her back so she doesn't sit dwn and will try to scoot out. lol. Its normal.
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son did this around 4 months as well... Have you switched from the infant carrier to a bigger seat yet? That's what did the trick for us- he was able to sit up a bit more and see more and the fussing went away. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 12:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My ds is 4 months as well and he did this and we got him a toy that hooks to the two sides of the handle and goes across his lap. Now, ds doesn't mind being in his car seat and no longer cries in the car. You can hear him in the back spinning the toys and pushing the button that makes the frog sing.
    mscottsmom

Answer by mscottsmom at 12:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son did this from the time he was born.... he hated that thing and he would get so worked up he would actually throw up. He could scream the entire 70 mile trip from our home to my mom's, we found out part of it was the infant seat, he had colic really bad and the seat put him in a position that was uncomfortable and made his little belly hurt.... try chaning him to a rear facing full size seat and see if that helps any.
    tagable

Answer by tagable at 12:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• No, but my daughter did cry the first few times I put her in the swing. Once I removed the head support, she was happy. I know some kids just don't like it, but also check for anything that might be hurting him or making him uncomfortable. A coworkers kid hated the car seats and swings. Just didn't like to lay down. When he was FF and sitting up more, he was fine.
    Anonymous

• i think that is them telling us they dont want to be in it. either they just dont like it or is too small
    michellem7781

Answer by michellem7781 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008