Does anyone have a fibroid and what are the dangers?

I found out I had a fibroid when I delivered my baby in june 2007, I haven't had any medical care or attention for the fibroid. Lately I been experiencing pain in my abdomen region...I can feel a hurt and something gushy inside when I touch my belly button which is now poking out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Health

• that sounds like you have a hernia. i developed fibroids a year after my first son. gave me the worst periods in the world. i was anemic from the amount of blood i was losing and had bp of 52/74 which is really low. mine went away without treatment. definitely go to your doctor though cause that really sound like a hernia to me.
    mamacharms

Answer by mamacharms at 2:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I had fibroids until I had a hystorectomy all the while prior to surgery I was told they are harmless, everyone get's them, but I was bloated and uncomfortable all the time. I was also told that possibly birth control could possibly shrink them. After my surgery my Dr. showed me a pic and OMH my uterous was just taken over by these things.....Don't miss them or my uterous one bit lol
    N2TeazingYou

Answer by N2TeazingYou at 1:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I had fabroids and they run in the women in my family,I just had a hystorectomy one month ago and I do not regret it, however I am finish having kids, so right now I am happy
    tqamai

Answer by tqamai at 1:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009