BH Help please! :)

Timing what I believe to be my Braxton Hicks contractions... yesterday they were about once every hour, only lasting about a minute. Late last night, I had one big long one that didn't let up for about 10 min. And this morning, starting at 10, I've had the feeling about once every five minutes or so. It's not getting stronger, or more painful. Maybe a feeling of more pressure....but I'm not freaking out or anything, I have an ultrasound set up in the morning anyway so I'm not panicked about calling the doc...just wondering if this was normal for the BH. Thanks!

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well I'm not sure how far along you are but the BH are usually just a small annoyance I had with all three of my pregnancies. Trust me you will know the difference between those and when you know you are having real contractions and when to head to the hospital. My fist labor started out for about an hour of cramping before I really started to have small consistant contraction. All I can tell you is that you will just know it your body and you will know the difference - Listen to your gut feelings and you will be right
    JTMatthewMom

Answer by JTMatthewMom at 12:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Hi there, I had many BH contractions and the doctor told me to lay down and if they did not stop to come in, I would definitely call to be safe. BH got me out of hanging with my mother in law so that was nice!
    good luck!
    http://www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008