Any mama's out there with a concealed handgun permit?

I'm NOT trying to open a can of worms, okay? So, please, if you disagree with guns, feel free to let me know your opinions, but ONLY if you can do so in a respectful way. Polite disagreement is fine with me.

Alright, so... My husband has a concealed handgun permit. He can carry his pistol anywhere that doesn't have a "no handguns allowed" sign. Here recently, there have been a few attempted murders, a couple of kidnappings, and several hold-ups & break-ins in a town not far from mine. It's the town that my husband works in, where our doctors' offices are located, and where we go shopping. Maybe a year ago, there were two men caught in the mall parking lot with automatic weapons... They were planning to go inside & fire on the random, innocent people. ((continued below))

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 11:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• With all of this being said, I'm scared. Becoming a mother is the BEST experience, but it's also one of the most terrifying. I'm afraid to take my son shopping, etc. for fear of some psycho deciding to take out his issues on us! I'm being extremely paranoid, I know, but I'm actually thinking of getting my concealed handgun permit. I'd like to know that, if I was in a life-threatening situation, I would be able to defend myself and, most importantly, my baby.

Do any of you have your concealed handgun permit? Are any of you thinking about getting it? I'm curious to know how many mama's out there are "packing" (vocabulary compliments of my hubby). ; )
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:43 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I just told my hubby yesturday that I want to get a handgun and when I get my state license(in military live in dif state than license) I want to get my concealed permit, I am just a paranoid even in my house that is brand new I freak about all little noises so I am def going to get my permit, but I also grew up around guns and knowing the right and wrong about them so I think that if the parents take the time to educate its not a problem to get the permit.
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I don't, but I plan on getting it. My SO has his and is teaching me to shoot. Its not extremely dangerous in our area, but I would feel so much safer, still. I'm so not ready yet. I have so much more to learn. I'm going to let him pick my gun.

Oh.... remind me not to move into your neighborhood! j/k
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I carry - and it was a Christmas present from my DH last year. I am very cautious and always try to avoid dangerous situations. I am an excellent shot and have no fear of using it if the time comes but I am concious about not putting myself in situations that might require use of force. Our home is well armed! Of course my DH is a law enforcement officer so maybe it comes with the territory.
    Anonymous