Breastfeed if you will... please don't do it outside in public where the world can see your chest!

I was walking through and outside shopping center and this woman, whips out her boob and starts breastfeeding while sitting outside of a starbucks. No cover, no shame, just boob, out for all to see (even my 7 year old, who was freaked out). Now I am not against breastfeeding, I'm not against feeding your baby outside. But my goodness! If a man were to whip out his junk to pee, we'd all be in an uproar. Peeing is natural, everyone does it, just like Breastfeeders always say. I'm just saying I have to shield my child from the SEX SEX SEX all over tv and radio, please don't flash your chest out. Pump it and put it in a bottle!

VanessaMomof2

Asked by VanessaMomof2 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh boy. Here we go.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• agree to disagree :)
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I am 100% for breastfeeding and doing it in public, but I think it's also neccessary to cary a cover-up with you to do it so you aren't exposing a bare chest to little kids or anyone else who doesn't want to see someone's bare boob. It's a beautiful thing to see someone feeding their baby, but covering up is appropriate.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I was thinking the same thing, vicesix.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm a formula feeder for my own reason but I would not have had any problem with seeing that, and if my daughter was horrified I would have told her it's natural and a mother feeding her baby. I see nothing wrong with feeling comfortable enough with your body and your baby to feed him or her whenever the baby shows signs of hunger
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Maybe it's a good learning lesson for him. Breasts arent "SEX, SEX, SEX". They're there to feed babies first & foremost.

Secondly...i say rock on to the breastfeeding mama. I would have thrown a blanket over myself but, i have breastfed everywhere. On public transportation, to the mall. I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me having to feed my baby. Doesn't phase me one bit.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• good lord! whatever!!!!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think thats a bit weird too.. and disrespectful. Parents try so hard to keep their kids from seeing sex on tv.. and all that.. and boobs, etc.. Then somebody does that. Feed your baby, by all means, but have a little respect to cover up.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It Rocks! Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• breastfeeding Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee