if I don't dress my baby girl in pink every day will people think she's a boy?

I'm not a huge fan of pink so I've been making some baby clothes that still look feminine (at least I think so) but are in different colors like blues and greens and browns... I was showing this lady the outfits I was making and she said, "oh, I thought you were having a girl..." It was a blue dress with beautful magenta roses embroidered all over it! What's up with that?!?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dressed mine in pink and some people still said "hes so cute!" lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my girl was in a pink dress, pink shoes and a bow in her hair and someone still said "oh what a cute little boy"
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Geeze!!! why are people so dumb? hahaha
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• she's a dork.

it sounds lovely to me- have fun.
    people guess a babies sex wrong all the time, life goes on.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• LOL yeah my daughter could be wearing all pink, with a pink blanket in her pink car seat and stroller and people would still ask if she was a boy or a girl. Dress your baby how you like, you'll get the ridiculous question either way. So, just be happy and put her in blue.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I dress my daughter in pink, flowers, everything girly and stupid people still think she's a boy! They're always like "Oh it's the hair!" I put her hair in cute pigtails, ponytails, headbands, etc. People still mistake her for a boy. So no matter what, someone will always mistake her for the opposite sex. lol. A friend of mine had her son decked out in blue with sports stuff everywhere. Someone came up to her at a restaurant and said, "Oh what a beautiful little girl." lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's true. My daughter was bald. If she had jeans on with flowers all over them and a white shirt with flowers, people would comment on the cute boy. I never bothered correcting them, I mean it was all the time. If she wasn't in pink, people assumed she was a boy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have a son and he was wearing an out fit that said "Daddys happy i'm a BOY" Really big on it and still have people ask if he is a boy or girl!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Dress them in what you want. Even when I had my girls in frilly pink dresses . i would get He is so cute.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'm having a girl in December. I HATE pink! NOTHING this child will ever wear is going to be pink - or at least not unless it's hot rocker chick pink... But you can always do purple, green or yellow (although I don't like yellow either) and people still know she's a girl. Red is good too. If you do a headband or bow that matches it will be more clear that she's a girl. I have a number of blue pieces for my daughter, NO PINK! If people are really so small minded that they can't figure out you aren't dressing your boy in flowers and a dress, do you really care? I know I wouldn't...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2010