Im thinking of starting to make homemade invitations to make a little extra money...

Anyone done this before? I make the invites for my kids' birthday parties and have made baby shower invites. I just got done making one for a cousin for her baby shower and she suggested that I start a little business doing the invites. She also said that she had someone else suggest that as well. I really enjoy making the invites... I just have no clue how to go about doing it! Any suggestions?

mummiex2

Asked by mummiex2 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go to your state's website and see if they have a section on small business. If you have a regular bank and are thinking of opening a business checking account, they may be helpful in leading you in the right direction (that's actually where I got a lot of my information). Start a website at www.freewebs.com! I love this place. The sites are fun and easy to build. You won't be able to "sell" all your stuff on there, but you can put a bio, samples and links to etsy or ebay. This site is so easy even my 9 year old son built a website!!
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Yeah, I would definately suggest the same as the above person. However, I would also suggest maybe adding more things to sell then just invitations.
    Anonymous

• Also, maybe start out by adding something catchy and cheap/free at first. Just to drum up business / traffic.
    Anonymous

• Checkout http://www.silkfair.com to selling online your invitations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2008