Since having kids have you let yourself go?

Do you still maintain your appearance,weight, or even your self-esteem just by taking care of yourself, or have you let it all slide since having kids??

MeVinceandBaby

Asked by MeVinceandBaby at 11:55 AM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i still maintain! i think i finally developed true self confidence when i realized what a woman's body was capable of after bearing my child. a few extra curves, some stretch marks , bring them on, i'm a beautiful creature!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I maintain! If I were a SAHM, it might be different, but after the first month or so back to work, I went back to putting on makeup and dressing well, and I've lost all my baby weight from both kids. Woo!
    BigMommaJesca

Answer by BigMommaJesca at 12:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I did for a little while there, or so it felt like it.
    But having a kid is a big reason NOT to let yourself go,
    plus i'm still young.

dddebrababy.

Answer by dddebrababy. at 2:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I'm a SAHM, so I have to admit, I've somewhat let myself go. I mean, I lost all of the baby weight & then some, and I'm still healthy & active, but I don't put on makeup & fix my hair every day anymore. My hair usually stays in a ponytail most days of the week, because my 9 month old son LOVES to pull it! : ( I miss feeling "pretty" everyday-- I used to wear "business" clothes to work & I loved prancing around in my heels--- made me feel good! Being here with my lil' man is WAY better than wearing high-heels, hands-down, though! Besides, from time to time, I'll put on a "cute" outfit, fix my hair and makeup, and just be "all prettied up" for my hubby when he gets home from work! hehe
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 3:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I think I actually look better in some ways than I did before having the kids. I weigh less now than I did when I got pregnant. I still wish I could get rid of the stretch marks though!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I am lucky enough just to wash my body in the morning ,I have a 19 month old and a 3 yr. old so maintaining my beauty is not my priority anymore, I wash my hair every now and then but i do not care anymore it is all about the kids now.
    blackbeauty28

Answer by blackbeauty28 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Heck Ya I LOOK like shit on a stick I cant even figure out how to lose my weight I dont eat much at all yet i cant lose this stubborn fat. I'm so tepmted to go back to smoking,cause then maybe I will get back to my size 6 pants sitting in my dresser drawers!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Thank you all for answering :) I asked because I happened to find some old pre-baby pics the other night and I could not believe the person in those pics was me lol! There was a time I would not leave the house without makeup, and I'd make sure to get my nails done every so often....now I just don't care about that stuff anymore, which is fine, but I should still care about me, kwim? Like I should still take time out to make sure I'm eating healthier and taking care of myself inside and out. I may not ever go back to being the makeup queen lol, or go back to the nail shop regularly but I will make more time to nurture myself inside and out. I think I owe it to myself but never realized that until the other day.
    MeVinceandBaby

Answer by MeVinceandBaby at 2:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• for those of you trying to loose the rest of the weight try this, i let myself go and regretted it--- now i feel like myself again!!!

http://liljustin.fatsecret.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=CAFE
    justinsmommy118

Answer by justinsmommy118 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• umm I have gained like 60 lbs, but I wouldn't say I've "let myself go." It sounds bad LOL I have a different, more womanly much curvier body.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2008