Can I put a bed on top of an in floor heating/cooling vent?

My son's room is such a weird configuration. The bed he has now fits fine, but its time for a bigger bed and there is no where to put it but over the vent. At the same time though, I don't want it to block out his heat. Does anyone have a bed over a floor vent and how is that working out please?

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 1:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Found it.............It's called an air deflector. Cut and paste to see this picture.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1274558&CAWELAID=109345140
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You can get vent covers that fit over the vent and draw the heat out from under a piece of furniture
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• If the bed is up off the floor several inches it might be OK. Also you can get those cheap plastic "air directors" that would help you direct the air across the floor past the bed instead of up. (don't know what those things are called. We have several.) If there is only one vent you don't want to block it entirely. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Sure, they make vent covers that are curved so that your 'air' will blow inthe direction you want.
    Kimberly1879

Answer by Kimberly1879 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I probably wouldn't do it. Thankfull ours are in the ceiling and not in the floor.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Home Depot has those air things I mentioned in the heating/plumbing area
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes, it is the only vent in the room, that's why I'm so worried about it.

Thanks for the vent cover suggestion. Never heard of them. Checking Home Depot now.
    Indyk

Comment by Indyk (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• AGree with the others, get the plastic vent covers that redirect the flow of air out from under the bed.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010