Has your child ever scissor cut their own hair?

jazzyjae

Asked by jazzyjae at 2:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• no, i dont leave scissors in my kids' reach. but a friend of mine told me their daughter got a hold of some scissors when she was young, like under 5, cut all her curls off and they never grew back :(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yep, my son has
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 2:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OMG! One day my youngest was 2 and he was super sick, crying and fever and just really sick. He came over to cuddle me and I rubbed his head and a huge chunk of hair came off in my hand. I started freaking out about what made him so sick that his hair was coming out. I started yelling for my husband and my oldest comes over with a pair of scissors and said that he found the baby playing with them. O.o

Somehow we always put the scissors away and he finds them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• yep DD cut her own hair with her safety scissors when she was about 3
    nngmommy83

Answer by nngmommy83 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• My kids never have, but I did when I was younger. I wanted to grow my bangs out and my Mother cut them to right above my eyebrows. After she was done and left the room, I was mad so I cut my own bangs even shorter than she had. Doesnt make much sense, ay? Lol. She still has pictures of me with my extremely uneven chop job. I was about 6 yrs old.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 2:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yep! My middle was 3 and he cut a chunk out -- right in front. Last spring my oldest decided that his hair made his head too hot so he cut it all off! I was NOT happy when I saw it-- and that night his dad got the shaver out and evened it all out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• lol yes 2 times my DD has done this , this last time really made her think she now misses her long beautiful hair !
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 2:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Oh yes - luckily, I have boys, so no harm done. I think most kids try this at some point.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes. Last week actually..
    I keep all scissors up.. But obviously somehow she got some and cut the underneath (thankfully, u cant see it! SO LUCKY!) of her bangs- all the way to her scalp! and she layered (lol) the left side of her side hair a little bit..
    I dont know how but you cannot tell what she did.. her bangs go over the part she cut of her bangs & her "layering" is fine, unless i put her hair in a pony tail than just a small patch wont go back into the band...
    Could have been alot worse if i didnt catch her!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Yes. She gave the cat quite a haircut once too. Boy was she mad when I put her on scissors-probation for a month. Ha!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 6:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2010