What is wrong with breastfeeding and covering it up?

I don't get the responses to that question. Breastfeeding is not bad, but cover it up. There is absolutely no reason on this Earth for you to have to expose your chest. No one, and I repeat, No ONE wants to see it. Cover it up. Breastfeeding is fine, don't get me wrong... but it's not okay to whip out your boob for all to see. I am sorry, but there has to be a limit.. NO, it's no okay, for any reason.

See if as a Paramedic, we do everything we can to cover up a patient, or victim from public view. It's common courtesy. So, why should a nursing mother be considered any different and given any more rights than someone who is not.

If you think it's okay, than maybe you are wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• clappingThank YOU!  I feel the same way.  I think these ladies who shove it down our throats are just immature girls trying to flash someone and it's called shock value!!!

anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Would you want to eat whilst under a blanket? Neither would I. And most mom's show absolutely NO BREAST while nursing. I see no boobs in this picture.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Again..no boobs showing...

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• you can always be polite and look away. you dont have to look at it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Well if you're threatened by boobs, that's your problem not the moms.So I highly advise that if boobs freak you out that much, you should probably never go to a public beach because I'll let you in on a little secret.... those ladies are not wearing turtle necks!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I agree.
    My daughter breast fed her twins, then her son and now her newbaby girl in public ,covered up. SHe doesn't feel it is necessary to "let it all hang out". Breast feeding is wonderful,though.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I'll remember that next time I see a whale at the beach in a bikini- Cover it up, no one wants to see that... Oh, wait, she has just as much right to wear a bikini in public as a mother has to nurse.

If you don't want to see a baby eat, turn your head.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I can't get over how incredibly uptight and ignorant people are to insist bfers cover up. I'm embarrassed for you all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• oops..I see a little boob..dang. How is this so bad?

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

•  here is a boob

LOOK AWAY!!

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010