Have you ever ran a 5K?

If you have, how long did it take you to train for one?

jazzyjae

Asked by jazzyjae at 2:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• no but i want to so thanks for asking this question :)
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I didn't run it..LOL I walked it. It took me an hour and a half to walk it too. So, yeah..no training.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I have one coming up in 2 weeks... You can train in 8 weeks to run a 5K by doing couch to 5K. I didn't do the program as it bored me...Dh loved it on the other hand. I just started running and found that I enjoyed it. I have been doing a 10K program and I will finish it this weekend. I was supposed to finish it on Sunday, but I had a migraine and didn't and now I've injured my back...grrrr...
    I can run a 5K in 30-36 minutes on my treadmill....I ran 1.88 miles in 20 minutes outside the other night, so that is comparable to my inside time.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I love 5k's. My group trained by the Galloway method. (Jeff Galloway - if you want to look him up - you don't need to pay anything to see the training programs) He incorporates walk breaks (2 min run/ 1min walk) and you can build up from there. People run marathons using this method and do quite well! Its supposed to reduce risk to injury. Couch to 5k is also a really good program I've heard. I started running beginning of Oct last year, ran my 1st 5 mile "fun run" in December, 1st 5k Jan 1st and my 1st half marathon middle of March this year. The time on my 1st 5k was 32 min.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I used to run 5ks all the time in the army. I'd say if you were extrmemly dedicated, depending on level of fitness, it shouldn't take more than a few months.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I've run 5K's, 10K's, half marathons and a couple of full marathons. I have a half marathon coming up in November. I think you can successfully train for a 5K in about 8 wks. There are lots of training schedules you can look at....just google it and see what comes up.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• gosh no.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• YES- I have run many races.

Couch to 5K? Maybe 6 weeks.

I ran my first half with only 4 weeks of training and did OK-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Depends on your current fitness level. Go out and try to run a mile and gage how you feel afterwards.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• no i want too
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2010