Which carrier is more comfortable?

I'm looking for a ring sling or wrap, but want something that will be easy on my neck and upper back plus shoulders. Which one will work better for me?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Moby Wraps look like the most comfortable.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I think it's a personal choice. If you get a chance, try some on before you buy one. I loved my ring sling, but it did pull on my shoulder slightly. The moby looks cool but it's fairly pricey and looks complicated to me.
    mamasitax2

Answer by mamasitax2 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I actually like both. I like Moby style wraps for newborns, and ring slings once they are a bit bigger/older (3-4 mos, 15+ lbs)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I like the moby cause it spreads the weight over my back and shoulders. So I think it's more comfortable.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 2:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I got a Jelly Bean brand sling from Target, it was cheaper than most and I LOVE it!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I recommend finding a babywearing group in your area and testing out the different styles. My MIL made me a Moby type wrap and a ring sling and I've used them both at different stages. I have a friend that loaned me her Ergo baby carrier over the weekend and I really like it, too. There are so many to choose from. However, I got an Infantino carrier at my baby shower and I HATE that thing. It hurt my back when she was barely a month old.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010