What is your best tip for getting breastfed poop stains out of baby clothes?

After every feeding, little guy poops. Sometimes he BLOWS out the side. What are your best tips for getting these bright yellow stains out?

MamaCarterof5

Asked by MamaCarterof5 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• totally toddler spray, they sell it at target
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• OxiClean

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• the only way i could get it out is if i took it right away and put it in the washer or a bucket of water..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Rinse the stain a soon as you can. Obviously cleaning baby up and setting him somewhere safe is more important than running to warm water for the outfit. lol Anyway if you rinse it then wash it shortly after it shouldn't stain.

Oxyclean if it has had time to dry seemed to work with most stains my son could make. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I always rinsed them and then used spray and wash.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I always used the Dreft spray. And washed in whatever detergent I was using (I use just about any brand, as long as it's free and clear). It always worked. I found that the Dreft spray worked on just about any stain I can think of.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• The earlier you can treat it the better. After it dries it's almosst hopeless. (sorry) Dreft makes a spray you can use; we liked it. that, a toothbrush and some elbow grease. Hubby was always waaayyy better at it than I was.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Make sure you rinse it as SOON as it happens. I use oxiclean and a toothbrush, make a paste out of it and SCRUB LOL
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• This has happend a LOT with my daughter, I always just wash out as much poop as possible, with a hard running tap or the shower, then soak it in cold water. No stain hasn't come out after washing with a pre wash]
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• We use spray and wash on my daughters clothes she gets that same problem sometimes or it going up her back we also use it for spit up and her clothes look brand new. Maybe try that? Good luck.
    Stowell09

Answer by Stowell09 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2010