Question about Autism..

I've heard about the Drs. giving babies too many shots at one time can cause thing. my daughter is 8 months, but she has a 9 month check up next month. im not sure how many shots they will give her, but i want to be ahead of my game if they try to give her a lot at once.. and can you say no to them?

im just not too familiar with all of this, and i just don't this to happen to my daughter if its something i can help prevent..

Any Advice on this?? or a website i can read about it??

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• can cause **this**
    stephany21

Answer by stephany21 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I recommend you read The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears to start with in order to familiarize yourself with everything. You are absolutely within your right to refuse any and all shots, but you should know the risks of the disease(s) they are protecting against, any possible side effects of the shot, etc. so you can make the best decision possible. Good luck. None of this is easy, but you owe it to yourself to be fully informed.
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Abqmomof2 gave you the best advice.

get informed.

I personally have an autistic son, I do not think it's caused by vaccines. My honest opinion is that the illnesses cause death, I can live with autism if it is in fact caused by the vaccines. But this is a choice you have to make.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I don't give my son all the vaccines at once, i spoke with my pedi and he gets 2 vaccines every 6 week instead of 4 at a time. He will be off the same schedule as other children, but it is not too much at one time.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 12:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I too have a 9 yr. old son w/ Autism , he was fine up until his last shots. I now have identical 9 month old girls, they will not be getting their shots until they have to go to school!
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 1:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My son will be getting his shots at his two month appointment this Friday. I don't fear autism any more than any of the other possible side affects. I'm thinking they'll soon have another theory for what causes autism, much as they have done with SIDS over the years....
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You should check out this oprah episode., I know it is dumb to reley on an oprah episode, but the people on it were talking about autism.... You can see it on her website...
    But either way, God has a plan for your child, and they will be however he planned. Eitehr way they are perfect.
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2008