Why is my almost 6 week old doing this?

She falls alseep and STAYS alseep in my arms no matter what. I could be talking on the phone, eating, walking around doing things, yelling at my two year old, etc. but 5 min. after placing her in her bassinet she is up and not very happy. Getting frustrated b/c I can't do anything!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does the baby have reflux issues? Have you spoken to the pediatrician about the issue?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's not reflux. It's "normal baby." This period of time is often called the fourth trimester. Baby is comfy being next to you because it's like being snug in the womb. The bassinet? Not so much. This is where a sling or carrier comes in very handy.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• have you tried swaddling her, my son was like this and the only way i could lay him down was if he was wrapped tight your arms probably make her feel secure and when you lay her down shes missing that bundled feeling i think this is normal
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• You letting her have that control she going to grow thinking she can fall asleep in your arms. you have to break that habit right away.
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Wrap her in a blanket .

Answer by louise2 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Because she is comfy in your arms and around you...would you want to be put by yourself somewhere and not know whats going on or what's happening?

She is safe and secure in your arms. Wear her in a wrap while you do things..she can sleep and your arms are free.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• do you swaddle her in blankie
    she likes feeling of you, closeness, warmth, only used to you talking and going about your business so this does not wake her

try to swaddle in blanket, hold her then place her down after she falls asleep

i am just a bit jealous of those first few months
    soon she will not be like this
    and yes, you do not get anything done much of the time
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It reminds her of being in the womb where she felt safe.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• She loves being in the comfort and warmth of her mommy's arms. She loves the scent of you.
    Try swaddling her. Laying her down on a piece of clothing or a blanket that smells like you. Maybe in a swing or something that vibrates. Try music next to her as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I could be anything. Babies who are like yours, usually like to sleep at an angle. She could also be an attatchment kind of baby, to where she only likes to sleep with you. Babies are more likely to fall asleep in the arms of their mother than in a swing. It could also be that it reminds her of being in the womb. Try a sling momma, it works wonders
    Autumnmom24

Answer by Autumnmom24 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010